lunes, 19 de noviembre de 2012

The maid of the modern times.

This morning while I was hanging my clothes on our clothes horse I have realized how bored looks all that palette of white blouses and black tights that I wear since I'm working as a waitress in one of the most classy hotels in the center of Ljubljana.

There all must be minimalist, of course makeshift is not an option, no trimmings, no colors, even the treatment to the guests must be on the same level, again, no makeshift, no  trimmings, no colors,...
All must be "may, could, is my pleasure, sir, madam,..."

I won't say I don't understand it, of course I do!
and I try to do my best each time I wear that clothes stanging behind the bar of the hotel, but... we must recognize, spend hours beeing extremely polite and running upstairs-downstairs with old and ornate silver trays, inside an old building from XVI century, is just exhausting.

All the rooms are perfectly recreate like would be the house of a rich family during the XIX-XX centuries and the workers there must have the behaviour of one maid of that period but with a little modern touch...

Here some samples of maids and butlers from "Downton Abbey" and from the remake of "Downstairs Upstairs" of 2011.







And some more a bit more actual and probably more close to the truth :P




The character of Manuel from "Fawlty Towers" and his distinct "

¿QUÉ?





Niles, the ironic butler of "The Nanny" always ready to annoy any of that rich people with a biting/hilarious sentence.



Anyway, as we, spanish, have learned during this last years, thanks god for have a job
(and extra thanks for be in a country where language is so damn difficult ;))


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario